The Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair – Natural Hair Blow Dryer Review .
If you have natural black hair, you are so lucky. Millions of people are jealous of you because of that. Nevertheless, there are some problems when you dry and style your hair. You may spend lots of money on shampoo and conditioner to nurture your hair but it seems to work inefficiently. The secret lies in finding the best blow dryers for natural hair.
This writing is here to help you find out the best blow dryers of natural hair for your hair type. We did extensive research and analyzed the market to have a list of 10 best blow dryers for natural hair, so it will be easier for your consideration.
The list of 10 best blow dryers for natural hair below is designed to help you tame your hair and includes the most reputable brands. Keep reading to find out the best blow dryers for natural hair that suit your needs.
Top 9 Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair
- Revlon 1875W Lightweight + Compact Travel Hair Dryer
- INFINITI PRO BY CONAIR 1875-Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool/Hair Dryer
- NITION Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer
- Professional Ionic Salon Hair Dryer, Powerful 2200 watt Ceramic Tourmaline Blow Dryer, Pro Ion quiet Hairdryer with 2 Concentrator Nozzle Attachments – Best Soft Touch Body/Black& Rose Gold
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
- Rusk Engineering Super Freak Professional 2000-Watt Dryer with Italian Motor
- Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer
- ghd Hair Dryer Powerful 1600W Professional Strength Blow Dryer
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
The Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair – Natural Hair Blow Dryer Review
1. Revlon 1875W Lightweight + Compact Travel Hair Dryer
- Wattage of this appliance may vary depending on the location of use
- Compact and lightweight design, perfect for travel
- 2 heat/speed settings for drying and styling flexibility and control
- Cool shot button help to set the look for a gorgeous, long-lasting results
This product, which is praised for being the best blow dryer for natural hair, is such a small and compact natural hair blow dryer. It is a great choice for those who love travelling because it weighs only 1.18 pounds. You can quickly dry and style your hair with 2 heat and 2 speeds settings to suit your personal needs and use the cool shot setting to set the look for a gorgeous long-lasting style. The smart design with a removable end cap helps you clean and maintain hair easily. Additionally, this dryer features a hanging ring for easy storage and protective anti-slip bumpers. The wattage of this appliance may vary depending on the location of use.
With such outstanding features, no doubt the product is in the list of the best blow dryers for natural hair.
2. INFINITI Pro By Conair 1875-Watt Salon Performance Ac Motor Styling Tool/Hair Dryer
- Ionic Hair Dryer: Featuring ceramic technology plus frizz fighting conditioning ions for less damage and more shine, this ergonomic hair dryer provides uniform heat for 50 percent faster drying and less damage
- Superior Function: A Cold Shot button locks hair styles in place and rocker switches make for easy handling; Includes 3 heat/2 speed custom dryer settings for different hair types; A removable filter prevents lint buildup
- Ionic Conditioning: Natural ion output helps fight frizz and bring out your hair’s natural shine; Includes a concentrator nozzle for focused airflow to make hair smooth and sleek, plus a diffuser for textured styles
- Leader in Hair Dryers: From traditional bonnets to hi tech dryers equipped with cutting edge technology, Conair has a great selection of hair dryers for every hair type and every hair style
There are 3 heat and 2-speed custom dryer settings for different hair types. Lint buildup now is no longer a problem when you have removable filters. Natural ion output helps control frizz and gives your hair natural shine. A concentrator nozzle for narrow airflow ensures that your hair will be smooth and sleek while a diffuser one is for textured styles.
3. NITION Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer
- The ceramic coated air outlet grill is also infused with nano silver,argan oil,tourmaline.Leave the hair more smooth,shiny,healthy and anti-static.
- Lightweight 1lb,compact size. Comes with 3 Attachments(Diffuser,Comb,Concentrator).
- 3 Heat Settings(Low/Medium/High) & 2 wind speed settings(low/high).One Cool shot button(constantly press down to activate cool blow).Easy to control the temperature and wind speed to make your favorite hairstyle at home.
- Powerful 1875 Watt Motor which produce strong air flow to dry hair with low noise.Double protection circuit design.
This blow dryer for natural hair has an elegant design, coming in a compact size and being lightweight (only 1lb). It has 3 attachments including diffuser, comb, and concentrator. There are 3 heat settings, namely Low/Medium/High, 2 wind speed settings (low/high), and one Cool shot button which constantly presses down to activate cool blow. All these features help control the temperature and wind speed so that you can make your favorite hairstyle at home.
Powerful 1875-Watt motor with double protection circuit design means the product creates strong airflow to dry hair with low noise. Moreover, the product is equipped with a function of leakage protection, which will be automatically activated in case of a short circuit or leakage of electricity, keeping safe for you and your family.
4. Professional Ionic Salon Hair Dryer
- ✔ ADVANCED IONS GENERATOR BUILT-IN - Our breakthrough is to use turbo to speed up transferring ten times more ions and thus help removing static and reducing frizz. The combined effect of ceramic tourmaline makes hair soft and smooth, and all you have to do is blow-dry it
- ✔ THE PERFECT HAIR STYLING TOOL FOR HAIR STYLISTS - The new upgraded 2200W DC motor providing powerful airflow and fast drying. Bring a professional salon home
- ✔ FEEL CHARMING AND CONFIDENT ALL DAY - 3 heat settings and 2 speeds, equipped with two concentrator nozzles to precisely meet the demands of all hairstyles: Curly, Straight, Thin or Thick
- ✔ ORIGINATING FROM THE BEST DESIGN - Premium soft-touch body; comfortable non-slip handle for flexible operation; detachable rear filter for easy cleaning
The design of this dryer will comfort you with a double safety removable filter, which prevents hair from getting sucked into the blow dryer and facilitates the timely cleanup. Additionally, the product also comes with a premium soft-touch body with a comfortable non-slip handle as well as 2.7m cord. With such valuable benefits, the product is undoubtedly a must-have.
5. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
- The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer features 2000-watt power & lightweight ergonomic handling for less hand fatigue. Nano titanium ionic technology means hair dries faster, with less frizz.
- This lightweight dryer uses ionic technology to create gentle even heat. Hair dries faster with less frizz.
- Great for all hair types including thick & coarse hair, this blow dryer helps reveal shiny, healthy-looking hair.
- 2000 Watt for faster drying
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Dryer, one of the best blow dryers for natural hair, equipped with heavy-duty 2000-watt DC motor while its ergonomic handling is lightweight. Ionic technology not only helps dry your hair faster but also make less frizz. Featuring 6 heat/speed settings, a cool shot button and a concentrator, this appliance allows you style your hair in various options. There is also a removable filter, which makes cleaning much easier. Due to these advantages, this blow dryer works well with all hair types, even thick & coarse hair, and make it shiny and healthy-looking.
Since the product comes with many advantages, it goes without saying that it is one of the best sellers in the market.
6. Rusk Engineering Super Freak Professional 2000-Watt Dryer with Italian Motor
- Designed for a salon but great for at home use
- Ceramic and tourmaline infused
- Reduced drying time
- 2000 watt italian a/c motor
The product is famous for its power, one of the best blow dryers for natural hair. Designed with a total of seven heat and speed settings, and even low-heat adjustment, the product is believed to offer you enough heat to dry your hair. However, for those who have natural black hair, they might choose the highest setting. Nevertheless, you still can get the expected results no matter what level of heat you choose.
This best blow dryer for natural hair utilizes infrared heat as well as tourmaline and ceramic technology to make sure hair damage is at the lowest level. The product is rather bulky, but the non-slipping handle is a big plus, which implies that using the product is an comfortable experience.
7. Drybar Buttercup Blow-Dryer
- The ultimate blow drying-tool. Drybar's Buttercup Blow-Dryer has an ultra-powerful 1875 watt motor and Ionic Technology provide a shiny blowout with less frizz in 20% less time than most professional dryers!
- Ionic Technology: Negative ion generator blows billions of negative ions into hair to reduce frizz and add shine while drying.
- Lightweight design (1lb 2oz/.51 kg) allows for comfortable styling.
- 3 heat and 2 power settings allow for the perfect customized blowout.
Negative ions from the built-in generator in Ionic technology allows the hot air to dry your hair without causing any damage to the hair cuticle or make it frizzy. Additionally, the lightweight design (1lb 2oz/.51 kg) turns it into a stylish comfortable blow dryer. Besides, three heat and two speed settings enable you to choose the perfect blowout for your styling.
This natural hair blow dryer has two concentrator nozzles, which allows more airflows that are concentrated. A wide nozzle is used for a greater area to help hair dry faster, so it is a great choice for those who have longer or thicker hair. The other nozzle is a narrow one, which is for smaller areas and for extra intensity and precision styling. Therefore, it is perfect for bangs or fringe. Finally, a 9-foot long cord provides users with the ultimate convenience.
8. Ghd Hair Dryer Powerful 1600W Professional Strength Blow Dryer
- Includes 2 Concentrator Nozzles
- Professional strength, long-lasting AC motor
- Advanced ionic technology, Ergonomic design for maximum control whether you’re right or left handed
- 2 speeds, 3 heat settings and cool shot button, Adaptor ring for universal diffuser; US two pin plug
ghd Hair Dryer Powerful 1600W Professional Strength Blow Dryer is one of the best blow dryers for natural hair when winning globally plenty of awards for best hair and accessories thanks to its unique features. First, a powerful 1600W professional-strength blow dryer motor allows the device to generate high-pressure hot airflow in just a moment while the removable air filter direct it precisely to the areas you want. Besides, the advanced ionic technology maximizes the efficiency of hair drying when nearly wiping out static frizz and making your hair look soft and silky. Multiple settings in temperature and wind speed allow you to customize you blow-dry to meet your hair type, while a cool shot button allows you to finish your air-drying and lock the hairstyle in place with cold air. The special design brings you a comfortable feeling when holding it, no matter you are left-handed or right-handed.
9. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
- Helps prevent extreme heat damage to protect natural shine; Air temperature is measured 20 times every second, keeping the temperature under control
- Ultra fast drying; For fast drying you need controlled, high velocity airflow
- Magnetic attachments Dyson smoothing nozzle, styling concentrator, and diffuser
- Lightweight and balanced; We've turned convention on its head and put the motor in the handle
Furthermore, Dyson Magnetic attachments, including smoothing nozzle, styling concentrator, and diffuser, make your styling experience better than ever. With heat shield technology, the surfaces of the attachments always remain cool.
Four heat settings (fast drying & styling, regular drying, gentle drying, and constant cold) and three speed settings (fast drying, regular drying, and gentle drying) are of high precision. All these features make this product one of the best blow dryers for natural hair.
BUYING GUIDE – Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair
We all know that knowing and understanding your natural hair is important, and accepting what it can and cannot do is equally important. In this guide, we will mention the key features and specifications of the best blow dryers for natural hair to make sure you choose the right one for your hair.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair
Each person has his or her own natural hair that has distinctive characteristic. That is why choosing a suitable blow dryer is simply not an easy task.
– Blow dryer strength:
Since natural black hair is quite rough and strong, it is hard to tame, not to mention to dry or style it. To solve this, you should buy the strongest dryer whose motor is 2,000W or more. Although the standard wattage of a blow dryer ranges from 1,300 to 1,800 watt, the best blow dryers for natural hair should be above that if you want to tame or style your hair perfectly.
– Heat and speed settings:
two factors decide how efficiently the blow dryer works is the heat and speed of the out-coming air it generates. Most hairdryers available on the market is equipped with heat temperature function. Two levels of settings of heat are standard but sometimes manufacturers offer more. The speed of the air is also adjustable in 2 or 3 levels. However, the key function is the Cool Shot, which helps your hair maintain its pattern for longer after styling it. Undoubtedly, the best blow dryers for natural hair must have this function.
– Materials and durability:
the cover of dryers is usually made of durable heat-resistant plastic. So, just get the one you love if you do not pay much attention to its outside and vice versa.
As for the heart of dryers, most of the products on markets are equipped with ceramic heaters. These heaters can achieve high heat and last for a quite long time. Some are added tourmaline to minimize frizz and damage to hair. In some best blow dryers for natural hair, another material, titanium, is also used. Due to its strength, this metal helps enhance product lifetime.
– Should you go with an infrared blow dryer? The answer is no, except if your hair is so sensitive or you want your hair to receive the least damage while styling.
– What Is the Optimal Length of the Cord?
There are two ways that the cord of a blow dryer can enhance its use: tangle-free and optimal length. If you have a long cord, you can turn the device any way that you want to style the hair without feeling worried about the cords tangling. If you have an electrical socket close to you, a long cord is no longer necessary. Remember the standard length of cords is six feet.
– The importance of ergonomic handle: it does not matter if you are an amateur or a professional user. You always want to use a blow dryer comfortably. And the key component is the handle. First of all, the blow dryer should be comfortable so that you can easily grab it and have it right into your hands. Besides, the handle must be designed to ensure it is non-slip. Imagine you are drying your hair and the appliance just slip out of your hands, how bad it is!
- Safety features: if you decide to purchase a product from a famous brand, such as the aforementioned blow dryers, you can rest assured that it is a safe one. You can easily find certificates included in the appliance’s description. Moreover, attachments also enhance safety of the product.
What makes a blow dryer friendly to users?
If you are a fan of travelling, then you surely need to carry your blow dryer around. In such a situation, we recommend you purchase a travel-friendly blow dryer with the following features. To begin with, the best blow dryers for natural hair for travelling fans must be small, which makes them convenient for journeys. The product should be able to be folded so that you can easily put it in your luggage. Besides, being lightweight is always the key feature of best blow dryers for natural hair. Nevertheless, for some people, too light devices may mean it is hard to control them comfortably. Finally, the blow dryers should come with dual voltage so that you can use them in any power socket, especially when you travel overseas.
How to dry natural hair correctly?
Surely a blow dryer can help speed up drying your hair. However, if you do not know to use it correctly, there is likelihood that your hair will be damaged and broken, especially when natural hair is generally sensitive. Here is a guideline on drying your hair in a correct way.
Step 1: wash and rinse your hair until it is totally clean.
This stage is the preparation. You should wash and rinse your hair thoroughly with suitable shampoo and conditioner for natural hair. If you have time, you should air-dry it for a while but make sure it is still damp when you start using a blow dryer. Brush and straighten your hair when it is still wet. You should not skip this because it helps you blow-dry your hair much more easily.
Step 2: Section your hair.
If your hair is natural, it may be of medium length. So not only does sectioning your hair into small parts make you blow your hair more easily but also makes it dried more quickly. The number of segments you divide depends on the length of your hair, ranges from 3 for the medium-length to 5 for the longer. This is not a fixed rule, so you can dry your hair effortlessly no matter how many sections there are. The only thing you must follow is drying only one section at a time. Using a heat-protectant spray is a good idea, and you can even add water to make the section moisturized before drying it.
Step 3: Change the temperature to get the desired one
Turn on the hairdryer and set it to the temperature you want. If natural hair is dense and strong, you may need high levels of heat. The best blow dryers for natural hair always provide enough hot air for you. You can start by setting a low heat and then increase the heat. If you find the heat suitable to your hair, stick to it. Otherwise, keep increasing the heat until you get the desired heat.
Step 4: Dry one section of your hair at a time
Start with the first section. Hold the dryer from 3 to 4 inches away from your hair. You do not have to use a brush, but remember to attach the diffuser attachment to your blow dryer. Start blowing from the root, slowly move forward to the tip and then repeat. Once the first section is completely done, move on to the next one. Keep doing so until finished.
Some drying tips for your natural hair:
According to beauty experts, it is not difficult to use a natural hair blow dryer but mastering it is not easy. Here are some helpful tips you should know.
- You should choose the right products:
Besides choosing one of the best blow dryers for natural hair we suggested above, you should pay attention to other hair care products to maximize the efficiency too. As aforementioned, conditioners and heat protectants are necessary for the drying process. Natural hair requires the highest nourishment. That is why you should seek formulas filled with healthy ingredients.
- Positioning plays the key role:
When drying your hair, you must dry all sections. It may be challenging to reach certain parts during the drying process, which is why you have to adjust the positioning while drying your hair.
Think about the time when you went to the salon and had your hair dried by a stylist. Your stylist changed their positions and then your hair was completely dry. Mimic what he did. You may move the appliance not so professionally but the best blow dryers for natural hair will help you. If you want to add extra volume to your hair use a round brush.
- Use a microfiber towel:
A microfiber towel will release you from frizz, which can be an issue for certain hair types. Just use the towel to absorb the excess moisture but remember not to make the hair too rough.
Some mistakes while drying natural hair you may encounter:
Here are some mistakes you should pay attention to while drying your hair
- Overusing oil before starting drying the hair: Although natural oil is good for hair, it does not react well with high heat. In some cases, it even becomes a factor making hair burn more badly. Even if you have one of the best blow dryers for natural hair work well, it is unlikely that you can deal with such a situation.
- Holding the appliance too close to your hair: It is the most common source of damage to your hair when drying, so remember to be careful during the drying process. Manufacturers of the best blow dryers for natural hair add diffusers and other attachments to direct airflow as well as prevent your hair from getting too close to the appliance, so you should use it correctly.
- Using excessive heat: Despite using high temperature for coarse hair, you should choose a compatible heat level from the best blow dryers for natural hair.
FAQ & Answer – Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair
Q: What is natural hair?
A: It is difficult to define what natural hair is but in short, it is the hair that has not been changed in any way. Even artificial hair extensions or wigs that would change the hair’s length and fullness are recommended not to use. If you dye your hair, it is no longer natural despite remaining the original texture.
Q: How often should I blow dry natural hair?
A: The answers vary because beauty experts still argue about this. Some believe that you can do that every day after washing your hair while others consider that it will cause damage and negative effects on your hair in the long term. They also claim that the best frequency is under twice a week. Finally, it is you who can find a formula that suits your hair. If your appearance is most attractive when blow-drying your hair on a daily basis, you can keep that routine. And do not forget to use one of the best blow dryers for natural hair since it will maximize the efficiency of your air-dry.
Q: How to protect my hairstyle from getting ruined overnight?
A: Undoubtedly, you cannot control how you move while you are sleeping, but there are some things you can do to protect your hair. Firstly, braid or twist your hair in wisps to maintain its texture. Also, wrap up the hair with a scarf and lie on a pillowcase (a satin one).
Since so many products out there call themselves the best blow dryers for natural hair. It is a challenging task to choose the right one for your own need. Remember natural hair can be very demanding and hard to please . It is you who can identify which is the best one among the best blow dryers for natural hair. Read the article thoroughly, do some research if necessary and then make the final decision. That is the time you can find the best one.
Synonyms for “B003TQPRGY”
Synonyms for “#”